Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Sixty-eight reasons why Synchronicity falsifies Atheism

Background/context:  Meditation is something i’ve always been interested in, but something i’ve never been able to do with any consistency… like i’m completely aware that practicing meditation is something that would improve myself and my life, at least on a minor scale, but perhaps profoundly… but it’s something i just can’t get myself to do regularly, for some reason…


So there was a somewhat magical period i went through between mid/late 2018-and early 2019, where for the first time in my life I didn’t hate my job/occupation, and i was for the most part happy and relatively healthy… was doing yoga and meditation several days a week, and having great experiences in all aspects of my life.   And it was the only time in which i actually did indeed reject my atheism-skepticism for any serious stretch of time.  


During this period, rather profound events/synchronicities happened, and I noticed that they were occurring exactly (or very close to) 68 days apart.  So being a newly non-atheist, i somehow thought 68 was like a magical number or something, or that cycles of energy happened in cycles of 68 days for me, or something like weirdly new-age like that.


The magic of this period somehow wore off, went away, and I became a bitter atheist-skeptic, hated my job, mad at myself and my life…


I like to set reminders on my phone via siri, both practical/specific things, and general things… i recognize(d) that I should/need to practice meditation… 


Early on the morning of October 19th, 2019 I was walking home after a kinda trying/frustrating experience in Old Town Pasadena, and had a conscious thought, like some sort of mocking prayer, like “ok fuck you universe, i know I’m just a lump of chemicals floating around in an energy field that happens to be conscious… and i’m so smart and clever, so challenge you!” or something like that.  I was a little drunk, and mostly to entertain myself, i grabbed my phone to tell Siri to remind me to practice meditation in 68 days… but i realized that was kinda lame and boring and i already knew when that was, like some time in late december when i would be at home in seattle and wasn’t gonna practice meditation… so instead i triggered Siri and said “remind me in 6,868 hours to practice meditation.”  


“... click click… ok, i’ll remind you.”  




I was born on July 31st, 1982 at 7:24 in the morning.  I challenged the universe, with the “magical” number it had ostensibly shown me before, at the precise moment that was 6,868 hours before the moment of my 38th birthday. 


I kind of hyperventilated... like as if i saw a ghost or something…


Either this was an extraordinarily remarkable coincidence, or my atheism-skepticism is wrong.  I think it’s probably the former, but i would love it if it were the latter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment