Wednesday, May 13, 2015

New Hypotheses

It's a funny thing how writing is congruous with life; as my life was put on hold for the last several months, so was this blog.

About a year ago, I (finally) finished my education at the University of Southern California.  I moved back to Seattle (err… a suburb of Seattle) to sort out the subsequent chapters of my life.  

After several months of a trying and arduous endeavor which required an injection of serendipity, a new volume has been forged.  I am back in Los Angeles with steady employment, once again able to be creative - to breathe, to live, to love, to write, and to hypothesize.

There's much I could write about in detail.  But for now, I shall offer a rather terse top-ten list (order only partially meaningful) 



The top-ten things I have learned in the past year

1) Perspective - and Perspectivism - are profound.

2) Contrary to what our society tells us, education can seriously be detrimental for employability.

3) "Interstellar" is one of the greatest films ever made.

4) There is a paradox in our socioeconomic system, which as far as I am aware, has not yet been described.  I call it "the unurgent urgency of the job market."

5) The beer of the Pacific Northwest is perhaps the best in the US; it makes Los Angeles beer taste like Hop Hell, i.e. the place where hops who didn't believe in the Hop God go to be punished for eternity.  

6) The phrase "Dear Hiring Manager" can quickly become one of the most exhausted and disgusting phrases of the English language. 

7) Still, virtually no one understands/accepts my arguments for why belief in Mormonism is problematic.  But now, I give zero fucks.

8) A fresh start in life in life can be wonderful.  But unfortunately, it can be accompanied by a fresh start in self-confidence level. 

9) Santa Monica, California is an amazing city, in many different ways.  Higher levels of our government should adopt its philosophy and practice.


10) I need to start writing again.

No comments:

Post a Comment